Saturday, January 5, 2008

Fench Language class... behind the scene...!

Assalamualaikum...

Yesterday (friday), could be one of the most significant day of my life (paused)... or maybe not?!

Hmm, while i wasn't always being known as an analyst that going through every single detail before making decision about almost everything; i also could say that i am no rushing-and-without-thinking kind of person when it comes to make one.

Well; it began yesterday morning, while i sat down -as usual, in front of my laptop- thinking about my english classes, which will be held every tuesday and thursday starting next week. At the time i was thinking about the other two night i was still free, monday and wednesday, when suddenly the old urge and thought of wanting to learn French language crossed my mind... again, for the umpteenth time, i cannot recall.

What happened next was a blur to me. Cause the next thing i know, i was picking up my phone and dialed the office of Akademi Pengajian Bahasa UiTM Shah Alam and asked the operator there whether i can still register for the French class or not. To my delight, the answer was yes, although it came along with a warning that yesterday was the last day to register. After all they already postponed the dateline for one week, the female clerk warned me before i hung up the phone.

To make the long story short, i did get to register for the french class -the last person to do that- just in the nick of time, 15 minutes before the office closed; feeling overwhelmingly proud of myself and full of anticipation on what this new and foreign language will do me in my life..

So, what's exactly the story i'm telling here...? What did i mean when i said yesterday could be the most significant day of my life?... or not?

To answer that question, i would like to quote my boss' word to me not so long ago. He said, 'what happen to you today is the result of what you are doing yesterday, or last week or even up to 20 years ago'.

Well, i don't know about you, but i cannot agree more on that. If you ask me, i can relate most of the thing that had happened or is happening in my life, to something i did or said or thought in the past. Because the truth is, everything we do in our daily life is significant to our future. Maybe our simple and seemingly unimportant decision today, will have greater impact to our future than what we have been so carefully planned and nurtured in our mind now!

Take me for example. Maybe by suddenly deciding to join and learn French class yesterday will lead me to a whole new world or prospect in the future that i can't even imagined today! Or maybe not! We can never know that, nor have we any mean to do so. This is Allah's work, and only He, with His Love and Mercy on us will determine any of this. We can plan and we certainly can pray, but we all know that He is and will always be the best Planner and the greatest Force to decide what is exactly the better outcome for us...

I would really like to finish this posting here, rather than continuing it; because i can sense the issue i was just talking here is only the tip of an iceberg of the bigger issue ahead. Even now, i'm asking myself: is it better to be spontaneous and make our life more interesting, or to be well-planned and cautious while leading a very predictable life?!

Those who know me, knew it very well that i like the former -being spontaneous and see how it goes- although i think i will have to reserve it for another posting, hopefully in the near future...

The humble servant to Allah the Almighty

No comments: