Thursday, January 17, 2008

Eat, Pray and Love?!

By Mullah

Assalamualaikum and Alhamdulillah, I could write in this wonderful tazkirah just after coming back from Subang Parade. I went there to read some books like Dilema Melayu by Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, a book written by Datuk Zaid Ibrahim and of course, a wondeful book entitled ‘Eat, Pray and Love’ written by Elizabeth Gilbert. ‘Eat, Pray and Love’ written by Elizabeth Gilbert was discussed on Thursday’s night in Oprah (Malaysian Time).

This book is a self-discovery for the writer and also for me. This wonderful book was on top of the New York Bestsellers’ List for more than 30 weeks and I would share it a bit with you. Mind you that, all these knowledge and experience that I have gathered here are all from my viewing to the show yesterday. Elizabeth Gilbert was a succesful woman. She had a career, a husband a not to forget, a really-really BIG HOUSE. But she did not had ONE IMPORTANT thing in her life. That was SATISFACTION.

In my opinion, she didn’t knew what is her mission in her life. Not all the missions, vision things and etc. But, she didn’t knew what is the purpose of her life on this Earth. She just following the flow and in her own words, she admits that ‘her life is not resemble for what she wants’. So, she cried in her bathroom for more than 10 weeks in the row. She did not want any children and in her bathroom, she found GOD. It is ironically, isn’t it???

Although she was raised in White, Anglo-Saxon and Protestant (WASP) family that adhere to Christian values, she feels empty and still on a soul-searching mode. To make the stroy short, she heeded the voice within her and made a very hard choice. She had a divorce and after that, she went to BALI, to find CONTENTMENT and to seek INNER-PEACE in that area. After BALI, she went to enjoy the life at the fullest, that is by EATING in ITALY, by PRAYING inside ashrams in INDIA and finding LOVE again in BALI.

That is her life, of cource. I keep wondering and feeling grateful to ALLAH through out the Oprah’s show and many valuable things that I learned and willing to share with you in this brief letter. I keep grateful to ALLAH that I know and always know that ALLAH is with me all the time, through out the best years and the turbulence years. In this turbulence time, there is nothing that I could do BUT to MOVE FORWARD in my life. All these tests would shape and crave me to become a BETTER person in the future. All these tests are LITTLE in comparison to what Mrs Gilbert faced in her life. I am enjoying myself writing to you in this manner. I hope that I will continue enjoying writing to you in the future.

Salam............

No comments: