Saturday, January 19, 2008

BONJOUR!

Assalamualaikum…

Another week passed by, taking us deeper into the new year 2008/1429H. And yet, it was as if yesterday we were breathing a new year’s air, sketching a new year’s resolution, and dreaming of a better future for this new year.

The real question here is how far have we gone to make all the resolutions a reality? Or maybe the more important question is; were the determinations and the spirits to change for the better about 2 weeks ago still ‘on fire’ inside us? Oh believe me, that’s a fair question, je sais

Well, whatever the answers are, I would leave them to you, wishing they can trigger something or maybe retrigger the not-too-long-ago dreams and hope within us… Bonne Chance!

So, getting back to what I want to say here, firstly I want to say I’m sorry, Je suis désolé, because of all the strange words that are going to come up, here and there, in this writing.

For those who can’t place what in hell are those strange words; well, it’s French… it’s Français…!

Monsieur et mademoiselles,

This weekend marks a first full week I’ve enrolled in languages class at UiTM Shah Alam. English and French. Although it was really tiring, never once regrets crossed my minds. In fact, I’m more convinced than ever about this spontaneous decision I made just a couple weeks ago.

It has been very exciting, this week, when I can learn something totally new, not just about French language but also about the interesting places there, and oh, the cultures too.., at least from the mouth of mademoiselle Lin, my lecturer. Hmm, wait till I experienced all that myself someday! Who in his/her right mind don’t want to go to such places like Galeries Lafayette, Bateau-mouche, Hermés, Tour Eiffel, and Pyramide du Louvre, to say just a few? Me? Bien sûr! Definitely!

On the other hand, it is also great to actually learn English formally, with a lecturer to actually correcting my grammar, writing and speech. Hopefully now I’m a step closer to my goal to be very fluent in this language.

If there is one regret, it is why didn’t I take these classes earlier. Pour quoi?

But, that’s not an important question anymore. Parce que, more importantly, I’ve taken necessary steps toward my goal, and let’s move on from there. Allez!

There’s only one small thing left to say here. Laissez –faire attitude. To be honest, this attitude is also one my biggest problem. Oh, before I forgot, laissez-faire is leave it/don’t care attitude. Or maybe we can simply say it as lazy and ignorance attitude. What can I say? Being lazy is bad enough, but being lazy and ignorance, entirely unforgivable especially if you’re Muslim! Which I think is reason enough, right!!

So, I’m gonna say goodbye here. I hope the next time I write here, I can share so many other things in French with you..

Merci…( Thank You)

Au revoir… A bientôt (Goodbye... See you later)

A la semaine prochaine (See you next week)

Bon week-end (Have a nice weekend)

No comments: