Friday, February 15, 2008

Unexpected.. yet effective lesson

Assalamualaikum...

It has been a while since i really write something here. It's not because I don't have time or idea to write. It was simply because recently, Allah The Merciful tested me with a major setback in some important aspect in my life. As a human and a weak servant of Allah, there are times when I crumbled with the weight in my gut. And more than often, I even lost in the stormy and unsettled feeling that churning inside my heart.

To my brother, i told him a little bit of it. But to others, i was as happy-go-lucky as the usual me in their eyes. Ah, it's okay. For me, i want to take care of my own problem without affecting other people with it.

At least that's what i thought. Until this very morning...

My boss and I, we were having breakfast in one hypermarket in Puchong when i asked him about my problem. After all, my problem has also greatly affected my work for him. So, he might as well know about it.

And no sooner than 2 seconds afterwards, i know that i've made a very good decision in telling him all about it.

Because, the first thing he did after that is slapping my shoulder once and said, "Be cool, Zahar. Relax. It's okay. In fact, it's normal to have problem like yours. You're still young (I actually flinched a little bit when he said that), and it's better you faced this kind of problem now rather than later." And that's only the beginning... And that, as i found out about an hour later, was what i really need, to ease if not overcome my problem.

My ever-positive boss, as i already know and respect him for, didn't waste time at all in telling me that the first thing i need to do is to find the bright side of my problem! "What if everything going on smoothly for you and you move 5 steps ahead only to fall 10 steps after that, because you never faced these problems before. The hikmah is, maybe Allah wants you to move slowly and learn at this stage before you can move 10 steps straight in the future!" He said.

Later he told me, "You have to remember Zahar, in everything you do in this life you have to balance between the expectations you put on yourself and your capability in achieving it. There's no question that you have to do your best in everything you do, but mind you, everyone has their own limit and it is normal to admit that maybe you have to try another way or start all over again in order to achieve what you want."

After that, he shared something really interesting according to his own observation about life. I would call that as 'driving lesson' as he used the moment you drive your car as the metaphor. But i will share about this later.

As our conversation came to an end, i still remember his last advice to me. "Don't you ever forget Zahar, whatever problems come across you, think of that as a test of Allah. There's no reason to worry if you know that we actually are nothing in this world without Him. What we have and what was taken from us, everything is Allah's doing. He knows what's best for us and we have to be 'redha' with it. Only then, you will appreciate this life as a gift and be really grateful to our Creator!"

At this word, i was subdued for a long time. Am i unconsciously has become a demanding and ungrateful servant to Allah?!
In my heart i silently asked for forgiveness and guidance from Allah. May Allah, with His vast and unlimited Rahmat and Mercy, would forgive and guide me to become His worthy and grateful servant. Ya Allah, I am weak and unworthy of Your love. Without You i'm nothing. Bless me, Ya Allah and forgive me for all my sins...

As for my boss - may Allah bless him always. I can't help but looking forward for another motivational session with him. As he always remind me, "Keep learning and improving yourself. You will never know when you will have to use your knowledge and experience in this ever-changing and challenging life."

1 comment:

brother has said...

kesian kat nta..
teringat ana masa ader problem yg kritikal dulu..
nta lah org yg bantu ana..
ana takkan lupa sampai bila2 jasa nta kat ana..
thanx 4 everything..
klu nta perlukan ana utk share problem nta, ana sedia membantu..