Saturday, February 2, 2008

Life and Understanding

By Mullah

Assalamualaikum and Alhamdulillah, I could write in this tazkirah and also in Taman Tun, my former rented house, while I was a student. Today, Saturday 02023008, Abang Zahar, Shah and I have a chance to visit the new-opened shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur, The Pavillion. We went there by car and also using public transportations, Monorail and LRT. Alhamdulillah, we reached there by 1535 like and Alhamdulillah, like a new-opened building, there are a lot of crowd, comprising local residents and also foreign tourists.

We are enjoying ourselves at the Pavillion. We listened to the performance of Chinese Performing Artists and not to forget, to visit the new-opened Tun Dr Mahathir’s bread shop, The Loaf. The Loaf at the Pavillion is the second branch, after the first shop in Langkawi. Back to the title, I choose the title after the brief visit to The Times Bookshop. Abang Zahar and I are ‘bookworms’ and in this visit, we explored in different ways. Abang Zahar was searching another section, Shah was exploring deeper into the section and I was looking for the birthday card, that is for my sister.

While I was wandering in this ‘bookish’ and ‘academic’ atmosphere, I glanced to the written walls of the Times. There are two written proverbs, that were catching my eyes and attention. First is by John Lennon that is ‘Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans’. The second proverb is by a renown Nobel Prize winner, Marie Curie. Marie Curie said ‘Nothing in Life is to be feared. It is only to be Understood’. Alhamdulillah, in this brief visit to the Times Bookshop, I had an inspiration that is to understand Life better when in this crisis time. I also tried to understand the hikmah behind in every event. In addition to that, I am also trying to understand my families , friends ,other persons and the conditions that make them up to their present conditions.

Marie Curie got it right with this proverb. I have many fears in my life. What happens if I do this, What if I work in this factory and so on. But the only right thing to do and to solve these problems are to confront it proactively and did the best that I could. Never giving up easily and always striving for a better future. As similar to Tony Fernandes, CEO of Air Asia ‘Believe the Unbelievable, Dream the Impossible and Never Take No for an Answer’. See you in the future.....

No comments: