Saturday, April 21, 2007

Relationship: We are our own greatest enemy?

Relationship is a strange yet so enticing to each and every one of us.

And why is that?

Because as human being, we are the creature of community. We are all about living together.

Togetherness is as important as loneliness is a nightmare to us.

Just look around us...

Can you name someone who lived all alone by one self, and earn a living in this world all by him/herself and lived a happy life?

Somehow I’m pretty sure none of you can.

Even the so-called ‘independent’ person, who proudly declared that he/she didn’t need anybody else in his/her life, will end up hooked with someone, which eventually would altered the proud declaration above, to something like this, “I can’t imagine what my life would be if I didn’t met you...” or worse, “I can’t live without you...!” and so on and so forth.

And bear in mind, those words are more than likely to come from the mouth of a ‘very’ independent person!!!

Relationship is what we called ‘fitrah’ for every single life in this world.

Every breathing-being, let it be human, animal and plant, all of them need companion in their life. Be it for mating needs, for food, or for protection, companionship and relationship is the very foundation of life itself.

Simply said, nobody/nothing can survive without it. Period!

Yet, as a creature blessed by Allah with the ability to think and to differentiate between good and bad, we didn’t seem bothered to use the ability to behave and to take care of our relationship, and to make the most of it.

Why do I say so?

Hmm, well, think about it...

If that’s not true, why did everywhere we looked nowadays, we could find at least a bit of broken families, failed relationships, frustrations and pieces of broken hearts?

And still, not to mention the all-time favorite conflicts that happened almost everyday in this world. Whether in a small scale conflict such as fighting and crisis between friends and siblings, to a big-scale one such as political conflict in a country, or worse, unstoppable and bloody war between nations...!!

.............................

So, after all that (still just a few), could we still claimed that we have fully (and properly) make use of the advantage Allah gave us?

And what’s more, doesn’t it interesting to note that while we human being, are a creature of intelligence, we’re actually no better than the ‘lesser’ no-brainer creatures like cats, dogs or monkeys?!

Or sometimes, even worse...?!

And that this ‘revelation’ will finally bring us all to an agreement that we – the so-called ‘intelligent’ human being – are our own greatest and darkest enemy?!

.............................

The subject of human behavior, whether in a relationship or not, has always captivated me, simply (and not simply) because it is complicated and mysterious at the same time.

If it’s okay for me to say this, I always want to consider myself as an observant and sharp in seeing things related to human behavior that the others always missed and ignored. Maybe it has something to do with my ‘sensitive’ heart, or it simply my interest, I don’t know.

That’s why, throughout this blog, I’ve decided to make room for this subject. With the help of people around me, and a little bit of my readings, I surely hope I can cover a lot of it. And in the process, hopefully I can learn from it and eventually become a better person.

Z

No comments: