Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mom – the most important person in our life

One simple glance to the title above, no one in his/her right mind will ever disagree with the statement!

Yup, everybody in this world, I repeat, in his/her right mind, will agree that the amazing woman, who gave birth to us, raised us, sacrificed everything just for us, and loved us unconditionally with all her heart, is indeed the most important person in our life...!

In fact, it has been so universally agreed, the statement has somewhat became cliché in our life nowadays...

And mind you, when something... anything becoming a cliché, it always lost its depth and uniqueness, especially to the core meaning of it.

That’s what I thought the first time I wrote the statement for the title above... A cliché!

What I had in mind right now is to spill my heart in this writing... of how much I love my mom, and how much she meant to me. That... she’s the world, and... ooh, what can I say, she’s everything to me!

Moreover I want to spill my gut on how scared I am on the slightest possibility of losing her in one recent event, and how much I worried about her while waiting for her in the waiting area with my other siblings.

And also, I want to share with the others, the utmost relief I felt when my mom finally opened her eyes and smiled weakly at me, when I kissed both her cheeks and forehead, while trying very hard to contain my tears of joy and relieved...

Ooh, so many things I want to share in this writing.

Not just about all the turbulence in my heart these last few days, but also about a newfound lesson and ‘hikmah’ from all that!

Yet, when I sat in front of my laptop, and start to think of what is the title for this column, it struck me that no words would ever describe whatever I had in my mind and my heart right now...

Even when I finally decided to use the title above ( Mom – the most important person in our life ), I felt degraded by the ‘cliché ness’ of the words. Because for all I know, that sentence may or may not bring justice to what I really meant inside my heart and soul..!

Forgive me for blabbing, because finally I have decided; despite the ‘cliché ness’, I would stick to the title above, knowing that in my heart I really, really meant each and every word in it.

That,

Mom, you really are the most important person in my life!

Or...

Maybe I can change it to,

Mom, you’re the queen of my heart!

Wait for the next column for the details of the ‘recent event’ I mentioned above...

1 comment:

brother has said...

sebab tu ana kerja kat kuching..
hehehe