Thursday, June 18, 2009

29052009:Friday Prayer-1245 pm!!

By Mullah

     Alhamdulillah, I could write again after a busy day today. To my dear readers, there is an     interesting story to relate and to think about for this week  

   On Friday, 29052009, I went to OGA exhibition at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center (KLCC) at Kuala Lumpur. So, after a 30 minute going around the exhibition booths inside the KLCC, I went to have lunch at KFC KLCC with my staffs. And after the brief lunch, I went to Masjid Syakirin, KLCC to perform the Friday Prayer.
  As I performed the Tahiyatul Masjid Prayer, I heard some body said 'Assalamualaykum' over the microphone. So, the jamaah answered the greetings back. Suddenly, the Arab speaker gave azan. 'Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar'...... And the jamaah got startled from their iktikaf and some jamaah got confused. But the Arab speaker just went on with the azan......
  Until, the wordings 'Hayya 'Alal Falah', the Arab speaker was stopped and one Abang comforted the Arab person from his doings. The Arab speaker speak back. 'In my country, we perform Friday Prayer at this time'. The Abang said back ' Well, that is in your country. In Malaysia, we perform the Friday Prayer when the Zuhur time comes'. So, my dear readers, who is right and who is wrong???....This interesting story could be related to what Ustaz Zaharuddin wrote in his blog at http://www.zaharuddin.net/content/view/836/72/
  To make the story short, majority of ulamaks opined that the Friday Prayer should be performed after the Zuhur time comes and based on 'hadith-hadith shahih'. But, some ulamaks belief that Friday Prayer could be performed after 'matahari gelincir', also based on 'hadith-hadith shahih'. So, there is no need to debate who is right and who is wrong in this matter. Besides that, We, as Muslims, should open our minds and brains while holding Islamic principle to the core. There are many things to do in little time.... See you...........
  

No comments: